Geared Head Engine Lathe
Conventional / Manual Metalworking Lathe
These conventional lathes are available with a range of swings over the bed from 13 inches - 22 inches. All of these conventional engine lathes feature a gap bed. Our lathes are also available with a variety of distances between centers, from 30 inches to 120 inches. Normally equipped with a Norton-style universal gear box (excluding model 1340), these conventional lathes are also available as infinitely variable-speed versions, utilizing a Yaskawa AC digital inverter, providing full power throughout all speed ranges. Featuring a wide range of spindle speeds, feeds and threads both inch and metric, Inch/metric dial graduations, Camlock spindle nose, full length rear splash guard, pull out chip drawer for easy cleaning, foot brake, and flood coolant system.
Along with our lathes, Willis Machinery offers many other options in conventional lathes, including smaller tool room lathes, to the much larger mammoth PK IV series conventional lathes.
Willis Machinery CP1550 Lathe Demonstration
Our Conventional geared head lathes feature:
- Engine lathes that provide induction hardened & precision ground ways, as well as hardened and ground gears and shafts
- Conventional lathe models featuring cam-lock spindle noses; D-1-4, D-1-5, D-1-6, and D-1-8
- Inch/metric dials & graduations, along with inch threading dials, which allow great versatility when turning and threading with metalworking lathes
- Safety and performance optimization; no-volt release foot brake, an emergency stop, low volt controls and a flood coolant system
- Willis geared head precision engine lathes offer a universal gear box (option for 1340) with a full range of inch, metric, whitworth, diametral, and modular threading
- A feed rod overload clutch
- An adjustable clutch on the apron provides these conventional lathes with longitudinal and cross-feed pressure adjustment.
- A push/pull plunger controls a built in feed/reverse function on our lathe machinery
- A cross-slide nut which incorporates backlash eliminator
- Full length splash guards on engine lathes
- An interlock device which allows these engine lathes to prevent simultaneous engagement of their feed rod and lead screw
- A totally enclosed oil bath, double wall apron with splash type lubrication
- A gated lever at the apron provides forward/reverse engaging and spindle control on these conventional lathes
- Slide-way lubrication is provided to these engine lathes by a one shot plunger lube pump